Office HoursMonday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Phone: 702-255-3547 Fax: 702-921-2419
LVMIS Office9260 Sunset Road, Suite 100Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 Directions
Las Vegas Minimally Invasive Surgery and Women’s Pelvic Health Center is located in Southern Hills Hospital MOB II off Sunset & 215.
Pre & Post Op Care
Pre-Operative Care Instructions
- Pre-admit to Centennial Hills Hospital 2-5 days prior to your scheduled surgery. Please obtain your ordered lab work at this time also.
- Schedule a pre-operative appointment with your physician 1-2 weeks prior to your scheduled procedure/surgery date. This gives you an opportunity to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding your procedure.
- Avoid any aspirin products 2 weeks prior to your procedure/surgery date and inform your doctor or nurse of all medications that you are currently taking.
- If you experience flu-like symptoms, or have a fever of 101 or higher within a week of your surgery, please notify our office as soon as possible by calling (702) 304-5800.
- The day before the procedure/surgery eat only light meals, such as salads, fruits or soups.
- Bowel Prep (for major abdominal patients). Patients refer to Bowel Preparation for Surgery instruction sheet.
- Ingest nothing by mouth 8 hours prior to your scheduled procedure/surgery time.
- Be aware that your anesthesiologist will be calling you the evening before your surgery.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing: no jewelry and remove dentures and contact lenses prior to procedure.
- Ensure that you have made arrangements for a ride home because you will still be under the influence of anesthesia for several hours following your procedure. Your driver must be at least 18 years old.
- If you require an excuse for work absence, please inform the nurse during your pre-operative appointment.
Post-op instructions are given on an individual basis by the PACU nurse before you are discharged to go home. The most common post-op instructions are as follows:
- No lifting greater than 15 pounds.
- You may shower; however, avoid soaking in the bathtub.
- No driving while under the influence of pain killers or other narcotic substances.
- Call your doctor or go to the ER if you experience severe pain, excessive vaginal bleeding, fever greater than 100 degrees F or severe nausea/vomiting.
- Follow up with your doctor in 2 weeks for your post-op visit.